Follow the steps below to submit a free post to craigslist without using an account.
If you want to post using a craigslist account, go to your account homepage. Select a city from the dropdown at far right, click "go," and follow the steps below starting with step 3. (If you have trouble finding the right craigslist site, visit our list of available sites, and choose the most appropriate one.)
Please note that the steps may vary a bit depending on the category of your post.
Choose a category for your post
1. Visit homepage, craigslist.org.
2. Click "post to classifieds" in the top-left corner.
3. Select a category for your post.
Depending on the type of post, you may be asked to choose additional categories.
Create your post
4. Enter the text for your post.
This page will vary depending on the category of your post. Important fields include:
5. When you are finished writing your post, click "continue" at the bottom of the screen:
6. In some categories you will have the option to add images to your post.
Confirm and submit
7. Make sure your post looks right.
8. You will now need to confirm your post via email.
9. Open the email from craigslist, and click the confirmation link.
If all goes right, your post should appear on craigslist about 15 minutes after your confirmation.
Need to edit or delete your post?